Following the success of the recent Lockdown Webinars for trade union members and others interested in workplace skills issues during the current Covid-19 crisis unionlearn has announced a series of weekly webinars through to mid-June.
The subjects covered in the webinars range from Study Skills to Midlife Development and Cyber Security to Green Skills. The webinars ae being developed at the moment – but the schedule and themes are listed here:
- The tools to create your own future: 15th May 11 am. This webinar aims to explore the tools workers will need for a digital future with Noorie Sazen, CEO at Saffron Interactive, and Liz North, Programme Manager for the CareerTech Challenge Fund.
- Health and Wellbeing during a time of Coronavirus : 21st May 11 am. The lockdown offers challenges to mental health and this session will explore techniques and resources to help.
- Green Skills and Just Transition at work : Friday 29th May 11am. Unionlearn are launching their new publication “Cutting Carbon, Growing Skills” and this webinar will explore ways to go green at work.
- Cyber Security for home learners: Friday 5th June 11am. RMT Learning organiser Ivor Riddell and unionlearn Project Officer Adrian Ryan lead a practical session to help you stay safe online.
- Laughter Yoga: Thursday 11th June 2pm; in these troubled times everyone needs a good laugh, and laughter yoga instructor Robin Graham will show you how to use laughter to promote wellbeing.
- Midlife Development: Friday 19th June 11am; Unionlearn Projects Officer Jane Warwick will run through all the latest resources available to support workers looking at developing their midlife skills.
Unionlearn Services Team Manager Ian Borkett said:
The current Coronavirus crisis and resulting lockdown has resulted in a very difficult time for workers and workplace learning, but unionlearn has pulled out all the stops to support as many learners as possible through new and exciting online content the [email protected] campaign.”
Part of this campaign is a series of weekly webinars that aim to support learners build the skills they need to make the most of online learning. The events are all free and we would encourage as many people as possible to register for them.”
More information and to register go to the unionlearn events page. Some events are already taking bookings whilst later events will be online soon.
Whilst it’s great to engage with presenters and attendees during a webinar don’t worry if you can’t make it on the day. Unionlearn will be posting past webinars onto a page on it’s [email protected] resource.
This can be found on the Webinar Page.