Unionlearn are holding in annual series of regional Supporting Learners events over the autumn, with the North West event being held in Manchester this October.
The event, run in conjunction with the North West TUC, will be held at the Mechanics Institute on Wednesday 16th October.
The Manchester Supporting Learners event is one of six organised across England in October and November 2019. The events are aimed at an audience of ULRs, union reps, officers and union learning project staff.
The event will be packed with useful information and resources, and will include:
- get updates on workplace learning and TUC work in the North West region
- hear about new resources and tools for reps from unionlearn
- share your experience and ideas
- look at putting new resources like career kickstart, Value My Skills online and the careerzone into action
- discuss topics like wellbeing, apprenticeships, digital and functional skills
- National Retraining Scheme session
There will also be an opportunity for reps to share their own local knowledge and workplace learning experience, along with plenty of time to network.
Jay McKenna, Acting Regional Secretary at the North West TUC said:
Learning and skills are vital to the regions economy, and unions have been at the forefront of promoting high quality apprenticeships, along with sound English and maths in workplaces across the region.”
The North West has some brilliant examples of workplace learning whether it’s the reading initiatives of MerseyLearn, maths help provided in Blackpool NHS Trust or apprentices being supported at Jaguar Landrover – its unions and their reps that are supporting learners and improving workplace skills.”
The Manchester event is on Wednesday 16th October, will run from 10.00 am to 3.30 pm and include lunch
To find out more details and to book a place go to the unionlearn website.