Workplace learners across the Midlands will be benefit from the regional Supporting Learners event in Leicester this autumn.
The event for Union Learning Reps is run in conjunction with the TUC Midlands and will be held at The Y, 7 East Street in the centre of Leicester on Wednesday 9th October.
The day will be opened by TUC Midlands Regional Secretary Lee Barron and be packed with useful information and resources and will be union learning networking event for union learning reps and unions - engaging, promoting and inspiring learning and has a packed agenda that includes:
- updates on workplace learning, new learning and skills initiatives and TUC work in the Midlands region
- hear about new resources and tools for reps from unionlearn
- share your experience and ideas
- look at putting new resources like Career Kickstart, Value My Skills online and the careerzone into action
- discuss topics like wellbeing, apprenticeships, digital and functional skills
TUC Midlands Regional Secretary Lee Barron, said:
Learning and skills are vital to the economy of the Midlands, with unions playing an important role in supporting high quality workplace skills and apprenticeships.”
New resources like Career Kickstart will help reps support learners in their workplaces and highlight the importance of unions being central to workplace learning and skills.”
The event will offer an opportunity to get up to speed on the latest unionlearn campaigns and hear what’s planned for the future. Supporting Learners - Leicester is free to attend for all union reps and officers, and lunch will be provided.
The Leicester event is on Wednesday 9th October and will run from 10.00 am to 3.30 pm, including lunch.
To find out more details and to book a place go to the unionlearn website.