TUC Northern is encouraging union members to take up the opportunity of free distance learning courses this year.
The January to April 2019 Distance Learning Programme for the Northern region has a wide range of courses on offer and all are delivered through Trade Union Education and open to Trade Union Representatives, members, family and friends.
There is a selection of individual and combined courses as well as brand new learning opportunities.
Courses have various submission dates over the next few months and include these standalone courses:
- NCFE/CACHE Level 1 Certificate in Wellbeing - This is aimed at learners who would like to develop awareness in wellbeing, both at home and in the workplace. The course will develop your knowledge in wellbeing, stress awareness, alcohol awareness, personal safety and dementia awareness.
- NCFE/CACHE Level 1 Unit Diabetes Awareness in Health and Care – Current trends suggest more and more people will become diabetic in the coming years, this course will give you a general awareness of the subject.
- NCFE/CACHE Level 1 Award Disability Awareness - Become aware of the difference between the medical and social model of disability.
There are a number of new courses available for the first time, they include:
- NCFE/CACHE Level 1 Unit Understanding Eating Disorders - This course will help you increase understanding of eating disorders, the connections between food and feelings, and ways to seek help and support.
- NCFE/CACHE Level 1 Award Substance Misuse - This qualification will enable you to develop the knowledge and understanding of substance misuse awareness - including alcohol - and its potential effects on individuals and others.
There is also a chance to study combined courses which build a greater understanding of the issues and lead to Level 2 qualifications.
You must complete both units in the workbook and you will gain two qualifications by undertaking each of these courses.
- Mental Health Awareness - This now includes Level 1 Introduction to Mental Health and Level 2 Unit Mental Health and Mental Health Issues.
- Dementia Awareness - This now includes Level 1 Introduction to Dementia and Level 2 Understanding Dementia.
- Understanding Depression and Anxiety - This course includes the level 2 unit Understanding Depression and the level 2 unit Understanding Anxiety.
Beth Farhat, TUC Northern Regional Secretary said:
New year is always a good time to review your skills and try something new. These distance leaning courses provide an ideal opportunity to have a gain an understanding in a new area as well as a qualification that can help both personal and professional development.”
To apply for any of the courses below please email [email protected]. Please include the following information in the email; name, postal address, contact number, email address, title of the course you would like to undertake and whether you would like to receive the materials electronically or by post. Alternatively, you can ring 0191 200 4847.